- Brogan, a halfling ranger who was launched forward in time while delving into a dungeon in the Age of Fear.
- Allura Kohinoor, a firbolg warlock who pledged their service to the Kirin of Xi.
- Kalewin Ettenberg, a human cleric of St. Endrik and a capable fighter tasked with securing magical artifacts from the Age of Magic and returning them to the Temple of the Five Pointed Star.
- Strummer, a kenku bard searching to please his patron saint, St. Andoni, in the hopes of returning to his true form.
- Tegyr Lionel, a half-elf paladin of St. Vilmos and Squire of the Red Guard bringing justice to the land.
- Burtrand, a gnome wizard seeking knowledge and power in the world beyond his small village.
Various plots brought these six adventurers together in Karth, a small village on the eastern edge of the Kingdom of Halbor. These seemingly unrelated events led the adventurers to discover that not all was as it seemed in this area of civilization on the border of wilderness. Overtime the adventurers thwarted a rakshasa that was impersonating a local lord, assisted a forest guardian in keeping creatures of shadow at bay, befriended a dragon of gems, and discovered a terrible plot to rise ancient lords.
The adventurers, now known as the Dreadhunters, are attempting to thwart Tor the Deathless and his plan to raise his fallen allies. After reclaiming a forgotten stronghold, Castle Ashfall, the Dreadhunters have placed themselves directly between Tor and the civilization he once ruled.
- Tor the Deathless